The title doesn't hold any particular significance, except for the fact that it comes from one of my favourite songs "Kissing You" by Sade, off the R + J soundtrack.
Can't believe it's October already. Today I had a brief moment where I thought I completely screwed up my holiday plans because my travel agent told me that there were no tickets out of Kuching. After ten minutes on zuji.com (what a wonder!), I managed to get an alternative flight number for him (yes, I was doing his job) and surprise surprise, the total out-of-pocket cost for me turned out to be 50 bucks less than the number he quoted me. So, my pretties, it does pay to get your hands dirty and do things yourself. Now, I just booked my hostel room in Kuching. How exciting is that? I get to play backpacker again for 4 days. Miss those California days... Still wondering whether to take up my colleagues suggestion of visiting his grandma there. Should I? ;-)
With all the thoughts of Malaysia flooding my head, there's not much room for work. Hence the struggle to get through the last couple of days. Thankfully, today was what a friend calls the "hump day" (ahuh), so it's all downhill from here on. Last night, I have a wonderful dinner with college friends and it was nice to catch up. So little of us left in Canberra. One about to leave for Latin America and the rest either busy with work, significant others or the other clique of friends like we all have. In a way, this is not different from the other periods of my life, where people constantly come and go. What's changed is that there's a keener need for the close relationships to fall back on because of the other pressures in life. I'm grateful in a way that I still live in a city where I can separate workmates and "just" mates, and get away from the shop talk after working hours. I'm so excited about this upcoming trip because it's been so long since I've caught up with the Presby crowd. Man, how far we've come! Too bad we'll be missing a couple of key players...