Sunday, 19 March 2006

Sun's out and the weather's fine

I love the warm climate. I love the sensation of munching through an icy carrot stick and then stepping outside sleeveless and feeling of the sun's goodness on my skin. Such a small pleasure in life.

Moments like these are harder to come by these days. When there is time, the mind is not fully ready to let go of the day's concerns to simply say "Ahh, that's nice... ". That's why this long weekend is such a retreat for me (Note to non-Antipodes: Canberra Day is on Monday). I'm been happily pre-occupied with upgrading my MSN to version 7.5 and trying out some of the more useful features that they have. Like chatting with my cousin in England through voice, making silly caricatures using Meego etc. It's all so boh-liao. It's such a luxury! I did get some productive work in as well, like paying my car insurance, getting my super consolidated, cleaning out some of the junk from my atrium, so that upped the feel-good factor.

Along way, I did a Jung-Myers Briggs test. It was interesting. I can't remember ever doing one before, but it's a set of questions that quizzed you on how you prefer to interact in social situations, whether you liked to follow SOPs or experiment on options when making a decision, whether you trusted your gut and so on. I ended up getting INTJ (google it if you want details), which I thought was fairly spot-one. The funny thing was that the friend I got the test from thought that I was ISTJ. The description that came with it was of a personality that was too rigid for my liking. Certainly something that would be detrimental career-wise. Which got me thinking about self-awareness. Is it good to be self-aware, when people don't see an accurate portrait of you? How do you correct this misalignment?