Thursday, 28 December 2006

Watching paint dry

One thing I've noticed about myself is that too much free time is never a good thing.... it allows room for putting off things that I know I should be doing, but don't feel like it. And it's expensive, when attempts are made to fill tha void. Canberra, being the small pothole that it is, has nothing much on. Already, I have visited the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery of Australia, went "shopping" at Woden and Civic, saw a couple of movies and did my laundry and 4 chapters of biology. Ok, admittedly it is hardly earth-shaking stuff, but to communicate my sense of boredom right now... well, you get the picture without me going into it.

I also took the opportunity to update my friendsters account. This ended up being very frustrating because the search function relies on you either having a mutual connection, or the person you're looking for having the right phrase on their profile details, if the field is populated even. For example, a test search of all people in my Poi Lam High class yielded roughly 2 people of the 10-15 I had on my acquiantance list. Brrr....

I am also househunting... It's like pulling teeth in Canberra. Especially over the Christmas period.