Madrid Day 2
- Went to El Rastro, a day market south of the Sol Barrio. It was big (supposedly biggest in Europe), but not as awesome since there was a lack of variety in the stalls.
- Turned to Prado, where the queue to get in was 0.5 hour long. [While waiting to enter, a sweet Spanish L.O.L. tried to chat to me but I all I understood was that she was waiting for her husband (I think??). Madridlenos are very approachable so it was disappointing that my spanish was not at a conversational level].
- Prado's collection is massive, with the Spanish realism painters impressing me the most. Saw a lot of left field stuff by Goya, so nice to see painters early on establishing Dali's genre.
- El Retiro, massive park with lake. [Great spot to enjoy the rays and people watch.] Entire packet of chips for lunch washed down by H2O.
- Probably off to Cava Baja next.
- Weird... still no supermarket in Madrid other than the Asian store.
- Mc'cers for dinner. Hmm.